HTML Form Radiogram

Fragen rund um die RMS Express Software kommen hier rein

Moderatoren: oe3vrw, oe3fqu

la7um

Re: HTML Form Radiogram

Beitragvon la7um » Mi 18. Mär 2015, 16:07

Hi Wolfgang and Franz. Thanks for the good work with this reflector, and now last the RMS E forms.
I think, regardless of how the shape of time stamp ends up, that Z, A or B always needs being added to the time stamp for avoiding any confusion about time zone or daylight savings time.

Personally I also feel a need for having the year as part of the date for any archive system.
Particularly when we are talking of printing and moving the message form away from the PC system.

For us in EU with Umlauts, scandinavian letters, and other accents, we for a while in Norway of error reasons decided to include the content of the Subject line as a extra line again in the message body itself during ordinary use of RMS E. Also eventually retyping the name of attachements.

Reason for that was preventing confusion with settings for ascii, ISO 8859-1 or UTF8 or others.

GMAIL, Yahoo Mail, RMS Ex, Airmail in various versions, and different elements of the Winlink server software may not be at the same level in slowly developing towards industri standard international character set UTF8.

During some Winlink drills in Norway we have introduced some rules for just avoiding anything but 7bit Ascii in the Subject line and in a attachement name, but there is very easy making an error typing one or more of the national letters.
Some occations has resulted in plenty or total garbled text.
Attachement is correct transferred, but not possible to open until you get the correct name of the file by some other path, and can change it.

This vulnerability is epecially for Subject line and for attachement name.
Between two RMS Ex seems gradually being more and more error free, but danger is to and from other systems.
The text body itself is much more robust and use to survive better transfer to and from other systems.

I know from Rick that there might be a period where different elements of the system may work with different standards.

So my question for consideration or discussion, is it possible including some form fields for typing in or automatic getting printed and transferred WITHIN the textbody those two vulnerable types of lines? Eventually directly preventing dangerous characters?
Anybody else having met the problem?
73 de LA7UM Finn/LA3F

oe3vrw
Administrator

Beitragvon oe3vrw » Mi 18. Mär 2015, 19:43

Hi Finn!

la7um hat geschrieben:I think, regardless of how the shape of time stamp ends up, that Z, A or B always needs being added to the time stamp for avoiding any confusion about time zone or daylight savings time.

I think it's possible to get the UTC Time (Z) from RMS Express in a Variable. Will try to implement that in the next version of radiogram.

la7um hat geschrieben:So my question for consideration or discussion, is it possible including some form fields for typing in or automatic getting printed and transferred WITHIN the textbody those two vulnerable types of lines? Eventually directly preventing dangerous characters?

I am not sure, if I understand it right.
It's possible to display the subject line in the HTML Form. This should be possible. Including all special characters, which should work within the form.

As far as I know, I think it's not possible to display the name of any attachments within the form now. We would need an variable-array which includes the names of the attachments sent from RMS Express into the HTML form. I am sure Phil could implement that in RMS Express if it solves the problems with special characters.

It will be difficult to avoid those dangerous characters or to convert them, because there are so many. The best way would be to check within RMS Express if the attachment only has letters [A-z] and numbers [0-9]. If not, there should be an error message?

73 de Wolfgang
OE3VRW
Autoritätsdusel ist der größte Feind der Wahrheit. - Albert Einstein
Yaesu FT-857D + SCU17 SoundModul
Yaesu FTdx 3000
Dipol 2x20m, 300 Ohm Feederleitung zum Transceiver
Notstromversorgung via Solarpanel 100W + 2x26Ah Bufferakku

oe3vrw
Administrator

Beitragvon oe3vrw » Mi 18. Mär 2015, 21:07

New Version 1.13 available for download (see first Message in this Thread)

*) Added Zulu Date/Time
*) Added Subjectline to be displayed in the HTML form

73 de Wolfgang
OE3VRW
Yaesu FTdx 3000

la7um

Beitragvon la7um » Do 19. Mär 2015, 03:00

Yes Wolfgang.
Your thinking seems just to the point.

The last issue and your idea, repeating the attachement file name with all characters, legal or not, in the HTML text seems good.
The chance of surviving correctly is often, but not always, pretty good, or at least better, when located within the text body itself.

The other of your idea regarding same issue, accepting a-Z and 0-9 could probably include underscore _ as well before screaming a warning since that seems being one of the few EQUALLY fully accepted separation characters for the DOS and WINDOWS and Linux and MACs.
Many other fully legal ascii characters are NOT equally accepted between different OSs and OS generations.

Vielen dank für deiner Cosyop arbeit mit Franz
Und Ich danke Gert für die Invitasion zum Forum.
Ich hab viele interessante Artikkeln schon gefunden.
73 de LA7UM Finn

OE3ZK

Beitragvon OE3ZK » Sa 21. Mär 2015, 18:03

RMS Express version 1.2.36.6 available for testing

Gert, OE3ZK

oe3vrw
Administrator

Beitragvon oe3vrw » Sa 21. Mär 2015, 19:23

New Version of Radiogram 1.14 available.

Now supports P2P Messages from within HTML form.

73 de Wolfgang
OE3VRW
Yaesu FTdx 3000

la7um

Beitragvon la7um » So 22. Mär 2015, 16:57

What do I do wrong?
1.14 and RMS EX 1.2.36.7

Can you send a new mail Wolfgang.

I must do some stupid things, kind of blindfolded.
Perhaps location or name issues, so the program elememts does not find each other.
Localhost and port 8001 dos not work either.

73 de LA7UM Finn

oe3vrw
Administrator

Beitragvon oe3vrw » So 22. Mär 2015, 17:52

Finn,

what problem do you have? Any error messages? Does RMS Express not start a web browser for filling in the form? Is the problem with submitting after the form? Will send you an Radiogram the next minutes.

Did you try to disable your anti virus program and/or your firewall?
You could also try to change "localhost" to 127.0.0.1 in the Forms Settings.

Did you run RMS Express as Administrator? - If not RMS Express is not allowed to load the external browser and you'll receive an error message.

Notice: If you click submit button after writing your message, you'll receive an white page. That's normal! (this tab isn't closed) Switch to your RMS Express program and you'll find your email.

73 de Wolfgang
OE3VRW
Yaesu FTdx 3000

la7um

Beitragvon la7um » So 22. Mär 2015, 21:46

Hi Wolfgang.
Yes. did all.
Browser start.
Other ports does also not work, but FLMSG for HTML on port 8080 do work.
(RMS E on port 8080 does not work, tested that also)
I shut off all anti virus. and firewall and as administrator as well.

I got your message, and start to believe my error is somwhat very basic: Correct location of the Radiogram SW and Notrufbogen SW.
Notrufbogen gives same error.
I have just read the Wikipedia description of location again, and I will test some more. But have to run now.
Having more than one call signs ready for action within my RMS Expr.
Perhaps some kind of extra presise descriptions for such cases could be useful.

Am I right that with for example choise between 4 separate Call signs enabled, I would need installations of 4 Radiogram and 4 Notrufbogen? (Not AUX Calls)
If that is the case, my location has been wrong up to now.
73 de Finn LA7UM

oe3vrw
Administrator

Beitragvon oe3vrw » So 22. Mär 2015, 22:02

la7um hat geschrieben:Am I right that with for example choise between 4 separate Call signs enabled, I would need installations of 4 Radiogram and 4 Notrufbogen?

You should upload the html forms into every forms subdirectory of every callsign.

E.g. you should have a directory c:\rms express\LA7UM\forms

copy all the files of radiogram into this subdirectory.

and also into c:\rms express\[call2]\forms
c:\rms express\[call3]\forms
c:\rms express\[call4]\forms

(maybe making a shortcut to the files will work too, which would make it easier in case of an update, but didn't try it, because I've only one call sign :))

That's what the path looks like at my PC:
Forms_Path.png
Forms_Path.png (2.75 KiB) 29712 mal betrachtet

73 de Wolfgang
OE3VRW
Yaesu FTdx 3000

Zurück zu „RMS Express“